Thursday 30 August 2012

Amie

I'm no longer a teenager (sob) but I see no reason to not use Amie skin-care - they say it's 'natural skincare for young and teenage skin' and I'm unsure if by young they mean younger than a teenager. Anyway, I did start using these products when I was still a teen, barely though, and I LOVE them and their pretty packaging.


The Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash truly is something else though. First of all the smell is the most gorgeous thing I've ever smelled. I think they should make a perfume of it. It's very creamy and thick and it doesn't dry your skin out at all, this is probably because it's soap free. I always go for soap free, otherwise your face is too tight. It contains 'harmonising natural extracts' of orange blossom, mayblossom, elderflower and raspberry. I originally bought this because it has elderflower. I LOVE elderflower cordial. I always brought it to sleepovers when I was in primary school. But I think this is one of the best face washes I've ever used. It's so delicious, I love washing my face with it because you can smell it for the rest of the day. It's a really comforting smell. But I love how my skin looks once I've washed it, just so clear straight away and my pores look smaller and it cleans better than any face wash I've used, I'd normally use a scrub to get my skin looking as clear as this leaves it.
The Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser has an entirely different scent but is also really, really lovely. I don't know how I could describe it, but it's quite fresh and sweet. This is the sort of thing I'd have went for when I was younger and my skin was oily but now my skin can get quite dry it's sometimes not enough. It really depends on the day, but what's so good about it is the areas like my nose than can be oily look really great after I've used it. It's light enough to use on those areas and you should always moisturise an oily T-Zone. It's 'harmonising natural extracts' are bilberry, rosehip and vitamin E.
I do think that these products really would be brilliant for younger people. Especially if you're just starting your first skincare routine. I always thought the choices for teenage skin were so harsh, which seems really counter-productive to me. Things like Clearasil or Freederm sound like they're full of chemicals, although I know that's not true for every product. The Amie products are pH balanced, suitable for sensitive skin and if it matters to you, vegans and vegetarians too. Also, does anyone else sing the song in the Freederm advert when they're washing their face - even if you don't use it? If you don't know what I mean, this is it here.

I don't know if you still can, I certainly couldn't find it last time I went, but I have bought this in Superdrug and more recently in Tesco. But you can go straight to the Amie website where they have a whole host of other products.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh these sound so lovely! I always love product that have a super nice scent to them xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm new to you're blog and I love it! I'm probably your most recent follower, you should come say hi! :) xxx

    http://rainbowveinsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the matte moisturiser, I still have oily skin so this should be good for me!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! they look like lovely products

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own polishes! just click one page back!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love to read them!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh these sound so lovely! I always love product that have a super nice scent to them xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm new to you're blog and I love it! I'm probably your most recent follower, you should come say hi! :) xxx

    http://rainbowveinsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the matte moisturiser, I still have oily skin so this should be good for me!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! they look like lovely products

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own polishes! just click one page back!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love to read them!