Tuesday, 6 December 2011
My fairly unreasonable Christmas wish list
You can click on the image to enlarge it.
1. This gorgeous Emele top from Reiss. I love the polka dots and the back is so different. Definitely have to buy this myself though.
2. I love this beautiful Reiss Jillie sheepskin jacket. I am going to be waiting and wishing that this goes in the sale because it's £595. I am more than happy to pay for it as this would truly last forever. It's the first fur jacket I've ever liked, it's a flattering shape and length and not too puffy. I do feel bad about it, but you could never find something as beautiful as this if it was faux fur.
3. Another Reiss item. This Windsor satchel. I think these three items would all go lovely together. Gorgeous colour.
4. Onto more realistic items, kind of. These Moschino Contrast Bow gloves. So pretty, you can buy them from ASOS, or you could, out of stock now.
5. Bobbi Brown's Party To Go Palette. OK this is so much easier than trying to buy separate items to come up with a vampy look it has it all really, but my favourite part of this palette is the lip colours, especially the Midnight Violet lipgloss. I don't normally buy palette's but I could really love all of the items in this one.
6. NARS Holiday 2011 Eyeshadow Trio in Arabian Nights. Ohh, I'm so excited about this. Please get me it.
7. I have kept an article written by Sophie Dahl in Vogue from a few years ago in which she writes about ageless perfumes. The original Feminite du Bois was a collaboration between different perfumers for Shiseido but was re-released in 2009 under Serge Lutens' name. Sophie wrote, 'I am almost loath to describe it here because it is one of the most extraordinary scents I have ever come across, but swallowing my more childish nature, I surrender, and offer it up to you. It's the sort of bottle Alice in Wonderland would drink to fall down her rabbit hole - unassuming, but filled with great power... This is the forest floor of Wonderland - cedarwood, orange blossom, rose, beeswax, clove and plum, tripping gently over each other. It is an enigma because it has a bit of everything, and thus should feel busy, but instead, it trails in gently like a rare creature of myth, a maenad maybe, or an elfish queen.'
I've kept this folded in half, for almost three years in the back of a book re-reading it occasionally because it makes me happy to think of a fragrance having such an impact on someone's mind and imagination. I could never justify buying a perfume that cost this much before, but now I am in a position in which I can afford it and I can't wait.
8. I'm sure everyone has seen these by now, I don't really like their full eyelash sets but the corner lashes for both top and bottom lashes are so pretty. These little peacock lashes are my favourite.
9. These Accessorize Dog Ballerina Slippers just cause they're cute.
10, 11, 12. This is a skin-care set I have wanted to try for years and I don't know why I haven't because I have definitely spent a lot more money on things that weren't even that good. Liz Earle's three step skin-care set is meant to be the best of the best. I would get the dry/sensitive skin moisturiser because, obviously, that's the sort of skin I have!
13. I would love these ASOS Chuck suede boots. Aherm, size 5.
14. And finally, mostly cause it's cute, Harajuku Lovers Jingle G perfume. I know Superdrug says Jongle, but it's Jingle.
Has anyone else got a very specific list of things they'd love? Honestly, I'd prefer surprises just as well. Also, family, friends, someone to love - all more important.