Monday 19 December 2011

Hello!
Hope you are all having a good week so far! I definitely am! Last night I went with my friend Jen to see Russell Howard at the SECC.


See? It's really him! We were actually pretty close to the front, I thought the seats I'd chosen were raised seats but they weren't, he was of course hilarious, I won't say much just in-case you ever go and see the show, 'Right Here, Right Now' it's called, so he came out to this. I think my favourite part of the show was when he talked about how on the rare occasion his girlfriend gets drunk she makes their dog dance and how the dog can tell it's about to happen. There's no way I can describe it so it sounds as funny as he made it sound so I won't bother.



I bought a T-shirt too! It's a guys t-shirt but I thought I could wear it to sleep in! Anyway the night was great, everything was so well timed, we drank a lot and we just had such a good laugh. Definitely a brilliant night.

OK, so I mentioned the Deborah Lippmann nail-polish in my last post that I got with my December glossy box, I really love it but it's a nightmare because it chips really easily and it's extremely difficult to get it off. So I thought I'd do myself a favour and just re-do my nails with a different polish.



I posted a while back about the NARS Drop Dead Gorgeous Set that I bought but didn't post any samples. So here is CHINATOWN, a lovely deep red/plum shade. This nail-polish set is brilliant, I couldn't ask for nail-polish to dry quicker. It's really convenient, especially since I had to paint three layers, although it could maybe have even done with four.



As you can see I treated myself to something from my Christmas list - this is quite a sad thing, to be honest - I went for the Liz Earle skin-care set, finally, and OH MY GOD. I love it. It's so brilliant, I can't believe the different the Cleanse and Polish Hot cloth cleanser does to my skin. It's great because the muslin cloths do quite a decent job at exfoliating, I've never used muslin cloths before and I am so in love with them. There isn't really a scent to the cleanser which I prefer. It is so moisturising and it left my skin really plump and glowing. I have truly never used anything as good. Afterwards I used Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer. Make sure you cover your hair before you spray this all over your face, obviously, and once your done you can leave it to dry or wipe it off, I don't think it matters, I left it to dry anyway and this is the MOST softening toner I've used yet that didn't make my pores look bigger. Finally, the moisturiser. Oh, the moisturiser. It's so good to me, I love it. First of all, although it doesn't really matter it has a lovely smell. It reminds me of something from when I was younger but I can't place it. This moisturiser is so lovely, it sinks in quickly, it isn't at all greasy and you definitely don't need to use too much, also I used this on my eye area and my eyes weren't watering and tired feeling afterwards. Always good! It makes your skin so soft feeling great on dry areas and oily areas. I posted before I wanted the moisturiser for dry skin but I changed my mind after testing it on my hand in the shop. I thought maybe it would be a little too much and I'm glad I went for the Normal/Combination moisturiser as it's perfect for me. I can NOT recommend this enough. It's the best skin products I've ever used, and I've used a LOT.

I also decided to treat myself to a new perfume as I have gone right off Thierry Mugler's Womanity, which is a shame since I only bought it about a month and a half ago. I went for Marc Jacob's Daisy Eau so Fresh. I have tested Daisy before and felt nohting for it but I love this one. It's so sweet smelling. I don't know anything about perfume, but The Perfume Shop, where I bought it from, says the Heart notes are wild rose, violet and apple blossom. Violet is one of my favourite scents actually - I also love Parma Violets. Top notes are raspberry, grapefruit and pear and the Base notes are Plum, Cedarwood and Musk. They say this is a Fruity Floral scent. I dunno, whatever, I just love it. Whenever I get a sweet smelling perfume and I let my mum smell it she ALWAYS says it smells like YSL's Paris, now I've smelled this and I hate it, so, she's wrong. She says it must be because of the lavender - no lavender in this. She's so silly. I normally don't really like big sets that come with moisturisers but I can't believe how much I love the lotion that comes with this, it's only 75ml and I love it, it lasts for ages and is really similar to the perfume, but also different in it's own way. I think if it was exactly the same people would think you had sprayed yourself too much. I was also really happy to get the little miniature perfume with this, I'm saying perfume it's an eau de toilette, anyway, they made a lot of effort with this miniature as it has a flower topper too. I've been searching for the lotion online and it's £22 for 150ml most places, I have seen a few on eBay but I keep missing them because I'm not there. And me, the eBay princess (not queen yet) of all people. Very disappointing.




So, if you feel like buying me a present for no reason then the lotion would be great (wishful thinking).
I'm going to finish watching Love Actually now, my favourite parts are when Liam Neeson tries to help his step-son with the girl he loves. Why is it when Liam Neeson plays a dad he is always a really awesome one?
I have an early night tonight because I STILL have this Games Programming coursework to finish. After some thinking I've decided to get the bus again after my pretty bad experience last week, never felt so sick in ages! I just think this would make much more sense if I'm wearing wedged boots as it takes me straight to Uni!

Anyway, I hope you're all in a wintery, cosy mood and relaxing lots, I can't wait to join you when I'm finished all this rubbish work!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to read them!